Background

Thursday, April 25, 2013

School, school, school!

So, because I transferred to BYU from BYU-Idaho, my time in school extended by about a year and a half. (RIDICULOUS, RIGHT?) I went from graduating early to... a year late.

5.5 years of college... WHOO HOO!

Not.

Yes, my generals/foundations transferred because I had my Associate's Degree done. However, the Elementary Education program is way more in-depth and rigorous here. BYU-Idaho couldn't offer me a TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Oral Language) minor or an ELL/ESL (English Language Learner/English Second Language) teaching badge at graduation, whereas BYU here in Provo can. So... that explains why I have to take more classes and why I'll be here another year and a half -- basically I'll be more marketable, find a job more easily & I'll make more $ after graduation because I'll be graduating from BYU instead of BYU-Idaho.

Make sense?

So it's worth it, right?

I hope so because I'm really coveting all of those caps and gowns I'm seeing on my Facebook newsfeed from students at both BYU campuses! So many of my friends are graduating! It's like that Taylor Swift song...

"Well it's a sad picture, the final blow hits ya, and somebody else gets what you wanted again."

It's so annoying how LONG school is taking. I was talking to my mom on the way to the airport last week about it, and ya know what she said?

"Well, it's a good thing you're up there. Even though it will take longer (to graduate), I'm glad you're at BYU. Hey, at least that gives you more time to find a companion?"

YEP. Because I sure didn't get the MRS Degree at BYU-I-DO! Which, honestly... lesbihonest. That's completely fine with me. As much as I love my guy friends and all the guys at BYU-Idaho, the guys in Provo are a tad more driven. They're not just going to school to find a wife. I would say that at least 90% of the guys I talk to are either pre-med, pre-law or on their way to Grad school whereas up there...? HA!

I'm serious.

Plus, being down here at BYU has made me more driven and excited to pursue my education. There's something in the air down here that's contagious. On the Sunday before finals, I had never heard so many people say, "I have to study!" That never happened at BYU-Idaho. Well, now, we could go into the whole "BYU is the Church's school, but BYU-Idaho is the Lord's school" debate... but I won't get started.

My point is -- People here are driven and ambitious. And it's made me driven and ambitious. But I just want to graduate already...

!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers