How to Function with Nails
KIDDING.
But I really hope you watched the video...it's worth the 4:32 minutes of your life.
Secondly...
Have you ever watched the documentary called Missrepresentation?
OK, I promise -- it's really worth an hour of your life and it's life CHANGING. It's even on Netflix!
It's about how the media has completely altered and destroyed the perception of what a woman is and "should" be. Because I don't want to ruin the film for you, I will just say that I'm guilty or "trapped" or stuck in this lie that every woman should be fit and good looking -- after all, "When all else fails, at least look cute," right? Or, my favorite (that I seriously live by), "It's better to arrive late than ugly."
It's time to get OUT of that trap!
NOW -- I'm ALL about confidence and living life as if the world is your runway. Every girl should feel that confident, but the sad thing is that we DON'T. If you're a girl reading this, I'm 99.9% positive that you've struggled with one (or all) of the following:
- Self-doubt
- Depression
- Anxiety
- Discouragement
ALL because of your body image or the way you look. Am I right? Actually, there's no need to answer because I already know the answer, and it's either a yes or a HECK yes. (I can only say that because I'm also 110% guilty.)
Girls, it's a problem -- a SERIOUS problem. When are we going to stand up and just say NO?!
"Lose weight."
No.
"Change your hair color."
No.
"Wear these clothes."
No.
"Buy this push-up bra."
No.
"Look like Beyonce."
NO!
When will we ever realize that we're enough? Will that ever happen? Or are we just going to sit here on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram and just compare ourselves to every other girl out there?
Think about it this way: For every girl that you've coveted the hair of or envied the body of... can you imagine all the girls that have envied you? For your amazing smile, luscious locks, stellar calves or rockin' cheekbones? Just let that sink in.
When you stare at yourself in the mirror, you may see pasty white skin, cellulite on your thighs, clown-feet on a body that's only 5'3", droopy old-man ears, wrinkly hands, massive calves and chipmunk cheeks...
But if only you knew what everyone else sees.
Those thick, golden locks are to die for and that smile... That smile steals more hearts than you know. And that little dimple on your left cheek? That cute little birthmark is a rare gem that only comes out when you blush. And let's not forget that rockin' behind of yours. Beyonce might have it, but it's rare on a white girl -- count your blessings.
When we look in the mirror, how often do we SMILE and say, "Wow. I'm beautiful"...?
Try it. I dare you.

No comments:
Post a Comment