Background

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back on Board. Round 2.

Yes, I'm back.

If you're a frequent follower of mine -- or used to be, I'm honored that you've decided to start reading again. You're the reason I take the risk of basically throwing up details of my life all over the internet. It's fine. 

My last post was in May of this year... basically a whole six months ago. Can you believe it's November already? Before we know it, we're gonna be gorging ourselves with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries (well, some of us cranberries -- I personally find them disgusting), and pumpkin pie -- and, of course, shortly thereafter wanting to kill ourselves or at least overdose on laxatives. (Too far?) 

Anyway -- if you've read this blog or any posts from my previous (and really embarrassing) blog from 248 years ago (okay, 3), you'll know that I write a lot about my dating life. "Who in their right mind would do that?!" you might ask. Well, I oftentimes ask myself the exact same thing. And guess what? Things haven't changed, so here we go.

In the past 11 months or so, I've dated a lot. In fact, to be exact... I've been on 56 first dates upon moving to Provo, Utah -- that's right, home of the Cougars. (Go ahead, take that as literally or as figuratively as you'd like.) And in those 11 months, I've learned a lot of things. Just to humor you, I guess I can share a thing or two I've learned here at BYU.

  1. There are a lot of great restaurants in Provo. (My favorite? Station 22.)
  2. People aren't as marriage hungry here as people like to think. It's kinda nice. No pressure.
  3. BYU Creamery has the best ice cream known to mankind (Sorry, Coldstone.)
  4. The canyon is creepy.
  5. So is Squaw Peak. (Don't go there. Ever.) 
  6. Tinder isn't as "taboo" as a lot of people think and is totally worth giving a shot.
  7. But NCMO's... don't do it. And if you do it, stop doing it.
  8. Be. Yourself. STOP  worrying about what people (especially those of the opposite sex) think. If they don't like you for you, then it's time to go on another first date.
  9. Honesty is the best policy. If you're not interested, be honest and straight up -- guys appreciate it.
  10. The post-date text is always appreciated. BUT... be careful. Only send it if you're interested.
However, I must say that the most important thing I've learned in the last year or so of being in Provo is that dating (well, sucks) -- but that it's okay to not commit if you're just not feelin' it. People come and go -- and most of the time, they'll go. But it's crucial to always remember that more will always come along! So, never settle. It's just not worth it.  And if you're turned down? Be a big girl (or boy), pick yourself up, and keep on goin'. Life is gonna be A-OK. (But really. If you don't believe me, go back to the archives of this blog from late 2012 and you'll see what I mean.) 

toodles :)

P.S. guess who's going to Boston, NYC, and San Diego for Christmas/New Years... 

YEP. THIS GIRL.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back! I've missed your blog :) I"ll have to hit up Station 22, I've heard it's good but I've never been there! And take me with you on your christmas trip!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers