Background

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I have so much to tell you

I seriously just wrote a list of topics I wanted to cover in this single post.

First and foremost - Blind Dates.

I've had two of them already (yes, one each weekend so far) and I have a third one this upcoming weekend. I know you have that "REALLY?!" look on your face right now.

(RIGHT?!)

Anyway, it's been fun going on random blind dates. The guys have been great, but I can't see myself dating either of them in the future. I think the first guy friend-zoned me, which is okay because it was mutual. And as for the second guy -- he was very attractive, but the minute he said that he prefers vanilla over chocolate... I knew it wasn't going to work out. But he was very nice to say the least.

Okay next item of business... UTAH PEOPLE!

I'm getting used to them and decided to give them a chance. I've gotten to know a lot of my ward already and they're super, super fun! We have a ward party/get together at least twice a week and there's always FOOD. I need to start working out regularly again or else I will gain weight. Seriously -- between mine and Bryan's ward, we decided we'll probably get fed at least twice a week for free for the rest of the semester.

Speaking of people in my ward... last night a group of like fourteen of us went to Park City to hang out on Main Street for the Sundance Film Festival. No, I didn't see any celebrities. But we had some great food and had some good laughs.

Funny story --

So during the Sundance Film Festival, the whole town is absolutely packed. There isn't any parking ANYWHERE. So, the original plan was to find some free parking and take a shuttle down to Main Street. Well, we ended up parking in front of The Lodges (one of the nicest resorts in Park City). When a few of us went inside, one of our friends asked if there was a shuttle going back and forth from Main Street. The guy at the desk then replies, "Oh yeah there's an Escalade that goes back and forth -- just hop on in and they'll take you."

We then proceed to the front of the resort where there are a ton of people dressed super nice going back and forth every which way. Then, this black Cadillac Escalade pulls up, and the bellman escorts us into this luxurious ride to Main Street. (OH, and who gets stuck in the back between two big rough and tough guys from NYC & DC? Take a wild guess.)

"So where you guys from?" asks the New Yorker.
"Arizona."
"Washington."
"Utah."
"So you guys just up here for the weekend workin' or what?" he asks.
"Yeah... we're just up here hanging out for the festival..."

Playing it as cool as we can, Kyle then gets off topic about snowboarding, etc.

THANK GOODNESS.

We were clearly not guests at the hotel like the desk worker thought... HA! Luckily we made it to Main Street without getting dropped off at the curb on the way.

We went out to eat at a little pizza place -- which was so good! On the way to get some hot chocolate, we ended up losing two of the girls we were with, one of which was named Lauren. After looking everywhere, we finally spotted them across the street and started yelling... "LAUREN!!!!" Well, these girls in front of us noticed us shouting and then yell, "LAUREN CONRAD?!" And start bolting across the street! HA! It was hilarious. Needless to say, it wasn't the LC they were looking for.

Since it was so cold, we ended up leaving after a few hours. You know what that means... we had to find another ride back to the car! Luckily Ryan spotted a black Escalade with The Lodges logo... He knocked on the window and, once again, played it cool.

So, we hopped in and make conversation with the driver. About half way back to the resort, Hannah (my roommate) asks, "So do you pick up a lot of drunks?"

He then replies, "Yeah, one time I picked up a couple guys who were drunk. But then I ended up realizing they weren't guests so I kicked 'em out."

And then it was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

For the longest 30 seconds of our lives.

It was 2 degrees outside... There was no way we were gonna get kicked out!

"So where you guys from?"
"Arizona. We just drove up for the weekend," says Kyle... "Is it supposed to snow this weekend?"
"Not that I know of... You worried about the drive home?"
"No, not really..." (MISTAKE, KYLE! That's when you say YES!) "So how long is it to Salt Lake from here?"

LOL!!!! We're coming from Provo, Utah! We know how far it is!

Anyway -- we made it back without getting kicked out, but I think we gave ourselves away when we gave the driver gratuity before we got out. (Apparently they don't get tips/gratuity until you actually leave the resort after your stay.) Whatever, we made it HA!

Speaking of Sundance, celebrities, etc... YEAH, I MET JEF WITH ONE F!

That makes 3 celebrities... Ace Young, David Archuleta and Jef Holm. (Thanks Kelsey for that amazing fro-yo date, btw:)

Anyway. That was long. There was a lot more I wanted to say, but I don't feel like it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers