Background

Monday, January 7, 2013

new... new... New!

The post that so many have been waiting for...

First of all -- I went to Rexburg this weekend. It was, of course, very bittersweet. I loved seeing my old friends and roommates! (Especially the married ones and their babies!) It just amazed me how time just flies! Isn't it NUTS?! I realized that so many people have gone on with their lives... and I have, too. As much as I don't want to be there anymore, Rexburg will always hold a special place in my heart. So many memories...

When I was in Rexburg, I also pulled a really big jerk-move that taught me something -- a lesson that I will never forget. Without further detail, I will just say this: Ladies, keep the girl code. Sisters before misters. It keeps you out of trouble.

With that being said, I learned a valuable lesson about selfishness. I will be open and honest. One of my biggest weaknesses is putting myself first. I have friends and family that never fail to bend over backwards for me and are always (well, 90% of the time) very sensitive to my feelings. And me? I honestly can't say the same about myself. Looking back on past mistakes, 99% of the time it was because I either 1) don't think or 2) put myself first. Needless to say, I made a goal last night to put others before myself this semester -- in regards to others' feelings, their needs and even their wants. I want to learn what it really means to serve others and put them above myself.

Next item of business: PROVO.

I have a great friend of mine who drove me all the way down here, and I owe him the WORLD. He took me to my storage unit in Rexburg to get my stuff and then drove me all the way down to Provo -- and then he drove all the way back up to Rexburg! Bryce Arnold is a SAINT!

When I got here, my room was already unpacked... as much as it could be anyway with stuff I brought last week from home. Then I had a whole bunch of stuff to unpack from Rexburg! Well, of course when I start unpacking, I can't stop. But this time I had to... because we had ward FHE!

I hurried and showered only to find Bryan at my door when I had wet hair. Well, we went to FHE after I got all "dolled up" per se. It was fun, but it was also very, very different. I'm not used to being the "new kid on the block." Quite frankly, I HATE being the new girl. I am perfectly fine and absolutely LOVE IT when I'm in a new social situation (i.e. Student Support at BYU-Idaho) -- However, I hate when I'm "new." It is so awkward when everyone else knows each other and you know... one person. (Bryan came, but he doesn't count. I'm talking about my roommate.) For some reason tonight I had the hardest time being myself in this whole new group of people! Granted, it was the first encounter with a TON of people -- it's bound to be a little awkward. After all was said and done,  it was fun for the most part. I met a few new people who I  genuinely liked. However, there was one girl who kept looking at me funny. I didn't like her.

Oh before we move on -- the WORST part about being "new" to this whole Provo thing is this conversation:

Stranger: "Oh, so I hear it's your first semester?" (Thinking I'm a freshman.)
Me: "Well, I'm a transfer student from BYU-Idaho."
Stranger: "Oh, okay. What year are you?"
Me: "I'm a senior."
Stranger: "REALLY?!"

I know, I look 16. Let's accept that I'm almost 22 and move on with our lives, shall we?

So after FHE I went to Bryan's apartment and met his new roommates... some of which know my cousins ANNNNND... KELSEY HALL BUSHMAN! (Message me for details!)

I came back to my apartment and started to clean up the disaster that I left. Surprisingly it only took me about 30 minutes. However, as I started to unpack... I felt my chest getting heavy and my eyes getting kinda watery. And it wasn't just the air.

I called my mom and just started crying. I hate being new. Gosh, I'm starting to cry as I write this! I do miss my old roommates and I do miss BYU-Idaho, but I just have to accept that it's time to move on with a new chapter of my life. When I called my mom, she said that yeah, I may be new but it's the beginning of new and exciting things. Isn't she right?

So I cried for less than three minutes and finished unpacking. Then I realized... I need to blog. So, here I am. Blogging.

I will keep you all posted. I have no idea what this semester will bring, but I do know that it will be the start of something new. (Yes, I just quoted high school musical.)

P.S. I decided that it's best Jordan Fields and I aren't going to the same school. We'd never go on dates because the rest of the world would think we were dating. HA! He's one of my besties FO SHO!

Okay I tried posting pictures. Internet STINKS. Fail.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you down here! I'm sure you'll love it :) It sucks being new but you won't be new for long :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers