Alright so I have this friend who's an old roommate of mine. She lived with me at La Jolla in Winter 2010 -- way long ago. Well, lately we've been talking/updating each other on our lives via Facebook chat and she has this crazy life story (well, dating story) that I have to blog about because it really brings out the "opinionated" aka... crazy side of me. (Don't worry -- I got her permission.)
Anyway -- so a little background information: Like me, she also recently got out of a really serious relationship. Although she wasn't engaged, it was coming. She ended it for similar reasons I did, and I seriously feel her pain so strongly that it hurts sometimes. She's been single for about two months now and she's finally starting to date again. In fact, she has a date every weekend. No joke she's a dating MACHINE. However, she's having a really hard time because the guys she goes out with just "don't compare" to her ex. (Yes, roll your eyes -- I did, too.) It's obviously something she needs to get over, but it's extremely hard for her because I guess they just "clicked" right away. (Understandable -- I can seriously empathize here.) Anyway -- so it's really hard for her to enjoy the dates she's going on because none of them have been what he was to her.
So she told me about a week ago that there's this guy she met who is way chill and super fun to be around. I guess he's a really good listener and will just let her talk, talk and talk (which -- this girl is gonna need a man like him! HA! Sorry girl, I had to.) Well, they've been out on one official date, but they hang out like 5/7 days a week. Long story short -- he eventually kissed her after a short amount of time, and I think it freaked them both out...
Well, since then, I guess he's been acting really strange. It's almost like he's a different person in different situations, and she doesn't know how to handle it. I mean, it's understandable considering they're not even "official" and whatnot -- but he hardly texts her anymore, and if they hang out it's always her initiating it! (AHH! This drives me NUTS because she needs to STOP!) So anyway -- She finally brought it up to him that she really likes him. When she goes on other dates, she can't even enjoy them because he's the one that's always in the back of her mind, yadda, yadda, yadda... She basically THREW herself out there and put her heart right in front of him to utterly and completely CRUSH. Although she agrees they're both not at all ready for a relationship, she just wanted to know if it will ever go in that direction. Because if not? She's wasting her time, effort and feelings to building this friendship that won't ever go anywhere beyond friends. Sure, a new friend is nice... but after you cross that "kissing" line, things are never the same. So, unlike you'd think -- he handled it really well. In fact, he took her by the hand and told her that he really likes her, but he didn't know what else to say. I guess the DTR went "well," but they agreed they'd talk more about it later on when he had formulated his thoughts about the whole situation.
Understandable.
But... they've hardly talked since then.
Like.. I guess, a whole 5 texts.
And now she just sits and waits and anticipates a text... like every 5 minutes.
Such a typical GIRL.
Well this girl (she even knows) is totally not ready for a relationship. Just like me, her breakup was recent and not the prettiest. She needs to date, date, DATE before she commits to anyone! And if she's anything like me -- she's scared of heartbreak.
Yet she's slowly but surely being heartbroken because she's sitting and waiting around on this guy who clearly doesn't see what's standing RIGHT in FRONT of him. This girl is an absolute catch and any guy would kill to have her -- seriously! Like I said, she has a date every freaking weekend! And yet... she's waiting around on him.
Ladies, why... why... WHY do we do this to ourselves? I've been through similar experiences to this one -- and every time I ask myself, "WHY do we do this?!" We are clearly capable of having any guy, yet we always want those ones we can't have. Or, the ones who break our hearts. Or, the ones who just aren't "ready" for a relationship.
Thoughts??
Alright I'm done.
I'm stressed. I need to go running.
But I just showered.
Story of my LIFE.
No comments:
Post a Comment