Yeah, crazy.
Dating.
It all started... well, we'll just say when I was watching the Bachelor on one tab and messaging her on the other (quite the life, I know).
She asked me if I had a "thing" with a mutual friend of ours a long time ago. Truth be told, no... I didn't. Did I have a crush on him? Yeah, but I thought he friend-zoned me. From what she says, apparently he may have had a crush on me, too. And... needless to say, it obviously didn't go anywhere.
Then 2012 happened, and the rest is history.
And then we talked about how we are all just chasing each other. Seriously -- think about it. You're chasing one person while they're chasing another while that person is chasing another person... We're all just chasing after, dating, spending money on, and kissing everyone else's future spouses. And the reality of it all is... we're just breaking everyone else's hearts until we find someone who doesn't crush our own. Am I right?
Okay, I could be wrong. But, if you ask me, it's just a different perspective of looking at things.
And then I think about boys and girls... and how they do the "heart breaking" very differently.
For instance...
In my perspective, we girls are just straight up. Well, sometimes. You have the girls who simply won't respond to a guy's plea. If they think you're creepy, they'll ignore you until you just give up. And then you have the "nice" girls... who, quite frankly, aren't straight up. They'll be nice and reply to you, but they'll make up excuses until the sun goes down. Guys, I hate to say this... but this is a hint. If they want to hang out with you, they'll drop everything -- absolutely EVERYTHING to hang out with you. And -- if they don't drop everything, they'll at least say "Hey, I'm busy Friday. But what about Saturday?" If they don't give you that option... then please, just stop. Stop trying. You have better things to chase after.
But guys... Oh, guys. I am tempted to just say boys. Yes, BOYS. Some are good at not responding and not leading girls on... And girls, you gotta just take the hint. If he doesn't respond or doesn't text you, doesn't call or ask you out -- STOP checking your phone because he's not going to suddenly text you one day. And if he does? It's because Plan A didn't work out like he'd hoped. Please, don't be a Plan B. If he looks like a tool, hangs out in the toolshed... he's probably a tool. As lonely as you might be... yeah, just sitting there and updating yourself on the Bachelor on a given Friday night, don't give in. Just eat your ice cream -- or go running. (I'm on a Bachelor high today, don't judge me.) ANYWAY -- then you have the guys who are into you. They'll come over, cuddle with you, talk to you for hours as they play with your hands and whisper sweet nothings in your ear... And then you wake up the next day. And suddenly, for whatever reason... they've dropped off the face of the earth. As much as you'd like to take credit for pushing them off a cliff, you can't. Because they didn't fall... Instead, they chose to soar away like a vulture with your beating heart that they ripped off your sleeve. The worst part is... they leave you hanging there on the edge wondering what happened, why they left you or worse... what better or prettier girl they've found. And sometimes -- well, oftentimes... you never really find out what exactly happened. Typical.
Okay, that was a little much. I apologize. But it's true.
But anyway, my point -- dating is so STUPID.
This is why I liked being engaged. I thought I'd never have to do it again.
I'll go finish my episode of the Bachelor now.
No comments:
Post a Comment