Background

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Just a little funny.

So I got a message last night from Mariah. "When can I expect a new blog post?!"

Now. Right NOW!

Funniest thing happened last night... Hannah, my roommate, got home and I was watching "The Bachelor: Sean Tells All" -- and she sits on the couch with a look on her face that just says: I HAVE STORIES FOR YOU!

So, naturally -- I shut my computer. And she says, "Oh no -- we can wait until it's over!" But then I was like, "The Bachelor can wait. Reality's on!"

HA! It was funny. The poor girl also asked about my addiction to hairspray this week. I had mentioned that I needed more toothpaste already (I just bought some two weeks ago...but I brush 4x/day) and then she asks, "Oh, and Kendra... How fast do you go through hairspray?!"

Then I felt kinda awkward... so I just laughed.

Anyway--

This past holiday weekend was ridiculous. Wait -- let's go back to Valentine's Day.

It was unexpectedly pretty good. Real good. It was one of those days where I woke up in a good mood -- that doesn't happen very often on Valentine's Day. But it happened this year, and I even wore red. Crazy, I know. That never happens.

This weekend was pretty relaxing. I was supposed to go to Rexburg...but didn't. I was convinced to stay in Provo. (Thanks Dad...) So, I got my nails done instead. #shellacattack

On Monday some friends and I went to a friend's house a little north of Provo in the Salt Lake area. So also funniest thing ever --

Everyone gives this friend a hard time for being a little... "better off" than the rest of us. Of course it's all in good fun -- but this story just makes it even funnier. On the way to his house, he mentioned that we were going to make homemade pizza. Well, one of the girls with us asked if she could invite her friend who lives nearby. How does he respond?

"Yeah, sure she can come. We have plenty of dough." 

Needless to say -- we all busted out laughing. Poor guy... he was talking about pizza dough.

The night was full of pizza and perspiration. Gross, right? Far from -- it was a sauna party and it was a blast.

DISCLAIMER: Okay so now -- I am going to bring up this "controversial" issue among Mormons. If you get upset about what I have to say, I really don't care that much.

So here's the story: While we were all getting out of the sauna and drying off, this one guy in the group mentions how he likes a Mormon girl who is good girl but will also wear a bikini.

NOW -- I have good Mormon girlfriends who wear bikinis all the time. I could care less that they wear a bikini! They're my friends and I love them. However, I will say this:

Growing up, Young Women's leaders DRILLED us girls with modesty talks. I was always told that we dressed modestly not only because it was an "obedience" thing, but for the young men to help them "honor their Priesthood." With that being said, nothing irritates me more than girls who flaunt themselves in a bikini around RM's -- some, of which, apparently prefer it and others who feel awkward and uncomfortable about it.

Do girls realize how prevalent pornography is and how truly difficult it is for guys to control their thoughts in the first place? And here they are... just making it harder for them. And then on top of it all -- you have guys like these who... nevermind. I'll just stop. I've made my point.

For those of you who I haven't offended and have chosen to keep reading...

Thanks for reading.

Okay one more story.

The other night our friend, Adam, was over.

Well, we had just gotten home and it was about 11:30 -- so, of course, I was getting ready for bed while they were out in the front room.  And when I say "getting ready for bed" -- like I was in PJ's and all -- TRULY ready to hop in my bed and go to sleep. With that being said, girls -- please take the hint.

I thought, "Since I'm in my pajamas, I won't be tempted to go out and talk to them. I'm just gonna go brush my teeth really quick... without anyone seeing me."

So... when I'm in the bathroom leaning over the sink brushing my teeth for the 4th or 5th time that day, I see Adam "hiding" in the hall. Oh, gosh. It was him trying to "scare" me. And let me tell you -- I got nervous. So I just pretended nothing was wrong and kept on brushing... hoping he'd just make his way to the bathroom and do his business without bothering me.

"So, Kendra... How was your Valentine's Day? Good date?"

[Mouth full of toothpaste & still leaning over the sink]

"Uh huh..."

"Does ________ ahsifjoashbfaifjoakofa ?" (Random, silly, silly question about my date.)

[Smiling with mouth full of toothpaste & still hiding...leaning over the sink]

"Uh huh..."

So then he KEEPS talking to me and basically drills me for "the story."

[Mouth STILL full of toothpaste & leaning over the sink]

"Adam, why don't you just go to the bathroom and we'll talk about this when you get out?"

So finally... he walks in the bathroom and shuts the door. Hannah then walks in and says, "Sorry -- I thought he was just going to use the bathroom!"

Smiling and slightly embarrassed, I respond -- "That's fine."

And then I mouth to Hannah...

"I'M BRA-LESS!"

So -- of course I take care of things just in time and end up telling Adam the rest of the story while we sat in our hallway.

BUT HONESTLY -- any girl knows that is the most uncomfortable, embarrassing and awkward feeling in the WORLD!

Needless to say, when Adam left...we had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers