Background

Saturday, September 29, 2012

dads.

Today I ran across a blog with a list of interesting documentaries to watch for fun. I love watching documentaries -- favorite part of college/high school. I'd rather watch than read, anyway. You might find this one particularly interesting. I sure did.

It was fascinating watching this one, especially considering the fact that although I lived with both of my parents for 16 years, I currently live with a single mom. Seeing the differences between kids who are raised with a single parent vs. both parents has always fascinated me -- especially because I kind of fall right in the middle. My dad was there most of my childhood, but then again, I feel like he's been gone for centuries.

This documentary talks about fathers and how their body physically adapts to fatherhood as well as how their parenting/playing/disciplining differs from mothers -- and how their role is essential in the home to raising stable, secure children.

Of course, every father (whether in or out of the home) parents differently. Some fathers can live in the home and still be completely uninvolved in raising their kids while some fathers that live outside the home can still be involved, active parents.

This documentary just gives you something to think about... especially all of you young or prospective fathers out there reading/about to watch this. (Some without me even realizing it, like you Steven!)
More than anyone reading/watching, I hope the men can take it to heart.

Link: Biology of Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers