As I mentioned on Facebook, my mom and I are in Lake Havasu for the day. She had two depositions to cover, so I took six hours to cruise around town and entertain myself in this unknown, foreign town of old people and river rats. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against river rats -- if I thought to bring my swimsuit, I'd be right next to the water with them...but probably with less alcohol in my hand (meaning, none at all ha).
My first stop was a little boutique that was clearly owned by a lady in her early 50's. The clothing was colorful...and I think I'll just leave it at that. I hate boutiques like that because the owners always hover like a helicopter. I can't decide if they really think you're gonna steal something or if they're just really excited you came in because they hardly ever get any customers. Probably the latter.
Then I headed to Ross and found the cutest t-shirt dress ever for $6.99! Then a belt to go with it for $6.99! Score. Now I need an excuse besides church to wear it... I swear, I never get ready any other day of the week anymore. In fact, people from church who see me during the week probably don't even recognize me ha!
After Ross, I decided to go see a movie. I read on a website last week that every single girl needs to see a movie on her own, literally by herself. So, instead of paying for a single ticket with my head down in shame, I held it high with packs of fruit snacks in 3 of my 4 pockets. It was grand. Then, I sit down in the movie theatre to see... Lo and behold, MORE old people! They're everywhere in this town. (I really believe I smell like them now -- that movie theatre reeked of old lady perfume.)
Then, my last stop was a self-serve frozen yogurt place called Yogurt Paradise. It was pretty paradisical.
Just a day in the life!
Background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Total Pageviews
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(63)
-
▼
September
(14)
- the best of friends!
- dads.
- Playing "Big Sister"
- text message hangover
- There's somethin' about that bowl-cut.
- How to be totally miserable.
- Let it go & let it be.
- Tell me.
- "...through thorny ways leads to a joyful end."
- You would, too.
- Just me and you, Lake Havasu.
- Rambling thoughts...things that make my life excit...
- Goals. Is there anyone that accomplishes them anym...
- Back on board in the blogging world.
-
▼
September
(14)

No comments:
Post a Comment