Background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Someday... it will "begin again."

What in the WORLD would we do without a girl like Taylor Swift? I don't know, either. I don't know who else there would be to write music about my life.

Today I had that new song "Begin Again" stuck in my head. I like it... but I can't relate to it. Yet. Sommer even tagged me in a comment about it. "Kendra, have you heard it?!" Have I heard it? Seriously? OF COURSE I've heard it! And I like it.

Natalie called me today and we were talkin' about those stinky, rotten things that some call "men" but I still call "boys" and we had a nice little chat.

After experiencing a break-up, I think it's common for a lot of people to think, "Will I ever love someone that much again? Where am I going to find someone like him/her again? It seems borderline impossible to find someone else... let alone ever want to find someone else..." Am I right?

As I was talking to Nat, it hit me, again, as it has many times before. I don't know what the rest of my life has in store for me, nor do I know the young man that I know God is preparing for me. Although I absolutely hate him for "ruining" my life at the moment, I know that "when he walks into my life, it will all make sense why it never worked out with anyone else." And that's a FACT. I just.... "haven't met [him] yet." I know I'll love him... eventually.

This conversation also brought to mind a text message that a really good friend sent me at the beginning of all this. (To be honest, she sent it to me when I wrote the "I want to delete all of my engaged, married and pregnant friends" post.) I want to share it with you because I think we all could use a lesson from it. Facebook is so shallow and SO superficial... and SO artificial. And this girl is so RIGHT!

"If it's anything you can take away from all of this, it's that you have a whole lot of people who actually REALLY CARE about you and your feelings, even us married people. Let me tell you something -- even being married is so FREAKIN hard sometimes. There are trials and fights and heartache. So, I know you are going through a lot, but just remember that some people on Facebook make it look like it's full of only a world of joy and happiness and perfection, but it's not really like that. Real life isn't Facebook life. Real life contains ups, downs, smiles, tears, screaming, happiness, and sorrow. The people who post, "WE'RE PREGNANT!" DON'T post how many ties they've miscarried. The people who post "WE ARE ENGAGED!" DON'T post how many times they had broken up, or even fought... Or the girls who brag that their husbands surprised her with flowers at work don't post that he only sent her them because he had emotionally abused her the night before. So, please keep that in mind. And you know what? As much as you wanna have faith in the Lord to get through this, you need to also have faith in yourself and know that EVERYONE has things they go through, even if its secretly."

Love that girl.

I don't need to do anymore talking. She said it all.

p.s. 18 days!!! RED!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so true! Anyone can make their life look glamorous on FB! Everyone has different trials. Break ups are no fun girl, I am sorry you have to go through it! But it is good you are letting yourself feel it, it is good to release emotion. I am an official blog stalker of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers