So, currently I'm sitting in SLC Int'l Airport munching on peanut butter M&M's as I watch loved ones, Mormons and a lot of not-so-Mormons walk to the Baggage Claim area. Mmmm so good. I love peanut butter M&M's. I bought the "Sharing Size" ...and didn't share them. I feel sorta guilty. However, I think I'd feel even more guilty if I ate a "King Size" all by myself. (Even though we all know they're both relatively the same size, just have a different name. What they should really be called is, "PMS Size")
My trip to Provo, all in all, was a success. I didn't find the man of my dreams, lay a deposit down on married housing or anything of the like -- but it was a different kind of "success." I pretended to be an adult as I drove around in my rental car (VW Jetta -- so cute) and visited friends. I saw Jake, Bryan, Rebeckah, Janae, and met new people there, too. It was really nice just getting away from life for a while. (So sorry to those I didn't get a chance to see!)
Also, while hanging out in Provo, I definitely decided that I will never go back to Rexburg. In fact, I really wanted to just move to Provo to stay and finish school... but the timing just doesn't feel right. I have felt strongly that I need to serve a mission, so I still plan on turning in my papers. I keep saying "NEXT WEEK!" but this time I mean it. I have put it on hold for long enough, and I have decided to go -- and to STOP changing my mind! I promise! (I'm so indecisive, I know.)
Ranting Moment:I also decided that I can't worry about what people think anymore. (Yet I do, I shouldn't.) There are some people, whom I thought loved me and understood me, who now think I'm crazy for calling off my wedding... People who are thinking that my own "issues" are the reason why I called it off and broke up with Tyler. Well, people, that is FALSE. Why in the WORLD would I put myself through this MISERY?! For fun? Yes, I have issues. We ALL have issues. But I know 110% without a DOUBT that marrying Tyler was simply not right. My own "issues" had NOTHING to do with it. Tyler and I were simply not meant to be. It's that simple. To think some people question my answers to prayers and make a mockery of the personal revelation I've received... The nerve.
Anyway. Done now.
Oh, P.S. totally hiked Y Mountain. Steepest thing ever... I wanted to turn around 1/4 of the way up... Glad I didn't and made it to the end! (Well, at least to the bottom of the Y. I decided that when I go back up to Provo for school, I'm going to hike it and then maybe even run it once a week!)

No comments:
Post a Comment