Background

Sunday, November 25, 2012

CORRECTION.

In my most recent post, I said this.


When I got home from church, I walked inside and (naturally) opened the pantry. My 15 year old brother (whom I hadn't seen in four days) comes up behind me and gives me a hug. Then immediately I throw his arms off me and tell him to go away. 

For some reason I was so turned off. 

After he walks away, my mom looks at me and says, "Kendra, he was just trying to give you a hug... Back to your old self again, huh?"

(OLD joke in the family, before Tyler -- "Kendra hates being touched. She'll never be able to handle being married.")

And, no. It's not that I hate being touched. I just hate being touched in any affectionate way (brother-like or NOT) by someone bigger than me who isn't a significant other. It's just weird to me unless I'm the one to initiate it.

I didn't mean that. That last paragraph was wrong. And it probably came across wrong. 

What I meant was -- I don't mind being touched. I like hugs. I'm huggable. Anyone (friends, family, etc.) can hug me and I'm completely fine with it. Seriously. BUT -- Mathew will just touch me or come up behind me to scare me as an utter and complete JOKE. And that's what I thought he was doing. He'll just be silly and creepy just for fun because he's my little brother. And a complete dork that walks around the house half-naked 90% of the time.

Half-naked, meaning... shirtless. 

He's weird. And half-naked more than half the time. 

But I love him.

Anyway, so that's what my family means when they say, "Kendra hates being touched."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers